Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch burn

Hi just want to ask if this normal on apple watches ? On this photo its already lighter red but this actually like burn from watch i feel like its coming hot everytime and it look like rashes but really its a burn from my wrist 😩 im soo sad about this.... does anyone have same as my wrist from apple watch?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 5:23 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Jul 11, 2019 9:32 AM in response to Concerniwatch

In addition to possibly being allergic to a component of the watch as julieda suggested, another possibility is that your skin was irritated by something that was on your skin and was trapped between the skin and the watch for a long time. Even your own sweat can become an irritant under those conditions for some people. Lotion, sunscreen, hand soap, none of those are really intended to be pressed into your skin by a metal object for long periods of time.

Jul 12, 2019 4:46 PM in response to cmurry71

cmurry71 wrote:

Mine did the same thing yesterday powered itself off and now won’t power on. And gets extremely hot while on apples charger and power block.

Thats a hardware problem. Stop trying to charge it because hot lithium batteries can become very excitable and hazardous, (think Samsung Note Fire). Contact Support and arrange to get the watch examined by Apple. I would guess a failing battery is the most likely suspect, but whatever it is... it should not get hot while charging.

Jul 15, 2019 7:02 AM in response to Concerniwatch

Concerniwatch wrote:

Yeah may be your right plus now here in dubai its too hot and humid.... im not wearing my watch like one week already and look its coming more red and its nit itchy and no pain its from the inside its like radiation burn something if you will touch it its hot
and until now still like this😭

If it's red and itchy, it's an allergy.

As it is impossible for the Apple Watch to emit ionizing radiation, it's not a "radiation burn". How would you know what one was like anyway? Is that something that comes up in your day-to-day life?

Apple Watch burn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.