Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Message on phone and IPad

How can I get messages to show up at the same time on both my iPhone 7 and my current gen iPad?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 11:31 AM

Settings > Message > Text Message Forwarding

Set up text message forwarding

1. On all your iOS devices, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*

3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.

iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices—even when you set up a new device. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.

Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

How to forward text messages on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208386

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 11:31 AM in response to Brad5333

Settings > Message > Text Message Forwarding

Set up text message forwarding

1. On all your iOS devices, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*

3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.

iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices—even when you set up a new device. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.

Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

How to forward text messages on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208386

I-Message on phone and IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.