Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled iPhone XS

Is there any way possible that I can recover the data (Photos/Videos, Notes, ETC.) from my iPhone XS after it was been disabled to the point that it says, "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes." I haven't yet connected my iPhone to iTunes and haven't backed it up because I just recently got it, and yes, my lesson has been learned. But if there is any way to save that information without doing a factory reset, please let me know.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 6:14 PM

There is no way. Once the iPhone is disabled, the content is no longer accessible. You will have to restore, and if you have no backup, then the content is lost. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support And yes, you have learned your lesson. The time to backup is before there is a problem. Sorry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 6:14 PM in response to OliviaRW

There is no way. Once the iPhone is disabled, the content is no longer accessible. You will have to restore, and if you have no backup, then the content is lost. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support And yes, you have learned your lesson. The time to backup is before there is a problem. Sorry.

Disabled iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.