Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Calendar CalDAV suddenly Bad Request

Hi Apple Community,

I have a PHP Script that retrieves Calendar Entries of Users for processing in a Web Application.

It worked very finde for years now, but all of the sudden all requests to p28-caldav.icloud.com result in Bad Request. I haven't changed anything on my side, username, password, Two-Factor Authentication are correct.

Does anybody have an Idea what could be the issue ? Would be great to have any hint where to search, as my customers greatly rely on the Tool for planning and Time Tracking.

Thank you very much, Dominique

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 3:53 AM

after many coffees I found it out and write it here, in case anybody else stumbles into this problem.

the problem was caused, because the library in php didn't fully comply with the caldav protocol regarding the Depth Parameter in the Header. It seems the Apple Calendar Server have gotten pickier with respect to Headers and Payloads to their CalDav Servers.

When retrieving the principal url of the server, one must use Depth: 0 - else you end up with Bad Request.

Hopefully this helps somebody in the Future, Cheers Dominique

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2019 3:53 AM in response to dominique80

after many coffees I found it out and write it here, in case anybody else stumbles into this problem.

the problem was caused, because the library in php didn't fully comply with the caldav protocol regarding the Depth Parameter in the Header. It seems the Apple Calendar Server have gotten pickier with respect to Headers and Payloads to their CalDav Servers.

When retrieving the principal url of the server, one must use Depth: 0 - else you end up with Bad Request.

Hopefully this helps somebody in the Future, Cheers Dominique

iCloud Calendar CalDAV suddenly Bad Request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.