Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

500 Calendar error on macbook Pro

How do I get rid of the triangle error which shows

The request for account “iCloud” failed.

The server responded with

“500”

to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation.

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 4:19 PM

I contacted Apple Support, they suggested signing out of iCloud on my other devices. iPhone/iPad (But Not Signing Out Of All)

I had previously also signed out of iCloud on my MacBook and re signed back in, prior to signing out of my iPhone.

I created a new user on my MackBook under user/groups and tested if that calendar also showed the 500 error.

So under Users/Groups I created a new account for "test" user, logged out of my account and signed into the "test" account tested the test account calendar. No 500 error occurred. or Triangle appeared.

I logged back into my account on my MacBook and the 500 error had disappeared.

Signing back into iCloud on my iPhone I could not get the two step verification, for some reason I was not receiving messages, so I used the MacBook

click on the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

This enabled me to sign back into my iPhone, which once had fired up was able to receive the 2 step verification code for my iPad to be signed back into iCloud.

I deleted the test user account I had created on my MacBook.

I was also advised of using safe mode to also isolate issues with my mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 4:19 PM in response to Timikan

I contacted Apple Support, they suggested signing out of iCloud on my other devices. iPhone/iPad (But Not Signing Out Of All)

I had previously also signed out of iCloud on my MacBook and re signed back in, prior to signing out of my iPhone.

I created a new user on my MackBook under user/groups and tested if that calendar also showed the 500 error.

So under Users/Groups I created a new account for "test" user, logged out of my account and signed into the "test" account tested the test account calendar. No 500 error occurred. or Triangle appeared.

I logged back into my account on my MacBook and the 500 error had disappeared.

Signing back into iCloud on my iPhone I could not get the two step verification, for some reason I was not receiving messages, so I used the MacBook

click on the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

This enabled me to sign back into my iPhone, which once had fired up was able to receive the 2 step verification code for my iPad to be signed back into iCloud.

I deleted the test user account I had created on my MacBook.

I was also advised of using safe mode to also isolate issues with my mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

Feb 4, 2020 9:11 PM in response to pennbank

I had the same problem and made a post about it here https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/icloud-calendars-arent-syncing-from-mac-to-ios-the-server-responded-with-500-to-operation-caldav.2222172/.

For me, it's all been resolved! I just re-checked my calendars (it's Tuesday 2/4/2020 at 11 PM CST) and the calendars are syncing again like magic! The exclamation mark has disappeared and events are syncing like normal and very, very quickly! Seems like your call to Apple engineering worked after all. 

How's it looking for you?

Feb 4, 2020 9:14 PM in response to thomasdangit

I haven't tested the logout and login again, but mine seem to be working again too. I noticed recently that Contacts I'd added on my Mac yesterday also didn't sync up and were deleted. Bit of a pain!

Triangles seem to be gone now. I'll be watching and ensuring they sync fine going forward. Maybe an iCloud server issue 🤷‍♂️

Feb 4, 2020 9:19 PM in response to Timikan

Probably. I didn't have to do any of the finagling Apple Support suggested to @pennbank. Looks like it just started working again.

Interestingly, today before the issue with Calendar was resolved, I noticed that Contacts I edited on my Mac were not syncing to iPhone, but contacts made on iPhone were indeed syncing to Mac. Seems like the error didn't only affect Calendar in isolation. Strange.

iCloud problems are pretty disgusting to deal with during the once-in-a-blue-moon when they come up, since we have 0 control over it. Glad this (seems to be) over.

500 Calendar error on macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.