Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server.

I am on my Lenovo laptop, I have used iCloud for years no trouble. This afternoon when logging in I got this message: iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server. Help! I need to access my bosses calendar asap.

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 5:10 PM

"iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server.: I am on my Lenovo laptop, I have used iCloud for years no trouble. This afternoon when logging in I got this message: iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server. Help! I need to access my bosses calendar asap."

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Login:

A. Go here: If you can't Connect or Sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

B. System Status:

There is not issue with the System Status, as of this post: Apple - Support - System Status

C. What's the Device?:

So, what's the device you are using? If a computer, create a new user and see if you can log in with it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 5:10 PM in response to Arika19

"iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server.: I am on my Lenovo laptop, I have used iCloud for years no trouble. This afternoon when logging in I got this message: iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server. Help! I need to access my bosses calendar asap."

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Login:

A. Go here: If you can't Connect or Sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

B. System Status:

There is not issue with the System Status, as of this post: Apple - Support - System Status

C. What's the Device?:

So, what's the device you are using? If a computer, create a new user and see if you can log in with it.

Oct 2, 2023 3:54 PM in response to TarekFaid

I have been experiencing this same issue with my Lenovo. Worked with Apple Support for a couple of hours without success. They then pushed me off to speak with the folks at xfinity Support. They in turn said that I needed to replace my modem, which I just did. Now when I try to access icloud.com I no longer get that same error message. Instead I just get a blank white screen with "icloud" in the top left corner.

FYI............I know that it's not an xfinity issue because I can access icloud.com using my iphone even when connected to the same house wifi unit that my laptop uses.

iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.