Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server

unable to sing in into icloud on my Win 11 Home laptop

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:49 PM

@cjahn50 This problem is also linked to Intel's Killer network app that many people have pre-installed. I have it on my Dell. Instead of turning IpV6 off, you can turn off the Killer Prioritisation Engine within its settings and this solves the problem too.

For me, I'd rather do this than mess around with Window's settings for things like IpV6 (appreciate that works but I suspect the problem is more due to this Killer app which has a software update in August).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 11:49 PM in response to cjahn50

@cjahn50 This problem is also linked to Intel's Killer network app that many people have pre-installed. I have it on my Dell. Instead of turning IpV6 off, you can turn off the Killer Prioritisation Engine within its settings and this solves the problem too.

For me, I'd rather do this than mess around with Window's settings for things like IpV6 (appreciate that works but I suspect the problem is more due to this Killer app which has a software update in August).

Sep 9, 2023 1:40 PM in response to borris14

I could not log into icloud.com or icloud app. I also did not want to turn off IpV6; in order to turn off Killer Prioritisation in Killer App, I had to update Intel Drivers and Killer App. Rebooted. Turned off Killer Prioritisation Engine and rebooted again. icloud web based and pc app working fine and my computer is working faster with the intel driver updates. Thank you very much!

iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.