Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 won't iOS Software Update

I am currently having two problems with my iPhone 5, (yes I know it's like dinosaur old). I just tried to download the Apple Store app and received the following error message: This application requires iOS 11.0 or later. You must update to iOS 11.0 in order to download and use this application. Ok...that's all great besides the small issue that my iPhone 5 is running on iOS 10.3.3 and says it's up to date and will not allow a Software Update. I just saw an article that stated the iPhone 5 is not comparable with the iOS 11, umm wtf?! I get that Apple wants it's customers to spend money and buy new phones; but seriously not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg on a brand new phone if the current one works (for the most part). Please help!!! If anyone knows how I can get my iPhone 5 to update my iOS it would be much appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 11:36 AM

K, thanks so much for your input!

4 replies

iPhone 5 won't iOS Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.