Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deletions not syncing from mac to icloud

hey all. I have a 200gb plan with iCloud, my macbook pro is setup to sync documents and desktop with icloud. I maxed out the storage on icloud by accidentally leaving some large ISO files and VM files on my desktop/in my documents folder. No worries, i found them and deleted them from my mac, but the deletion doesn't seem to have fully propagated to the cloud... my icloud drive folder on my mac is now ~18GB however on icloud it's still ~119 in "documents". If i take a look at icloud through the web interface, when comparing files one by one, it looks exactly the same as what i see on my mac. Does anyone have any tips or ideas before i have to contact apple? thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 3:07 AM

okay, so in the end I called Apple support. They got me to run through a handful of basic things, then "did something on their end" and it's all resolved. The support agent said he'd encountered this a number of times.

Similar questions

1 reply

deletions not syncing from mac to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.