Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a third-party Garageband plug-in?

Hi, I recently downloaded a third-party synth plug-in for Garageband called Zebra2 (which was bundled in this synth package I downloaded here https://u-he.com/products/zebralette/). It's a demo, and only works for 15 minutes, and I'd rather not buy a license at this time. So right now I'm just trying to get rid of it so that it stops showing up in the plug-ins list under AUInstruments>u-he (u-he is the name of the company that makes the synth plug-in).

I've seemingly deleted all related files marked Zebra2 in my Library>Audio folder. I've also apparently deleted all the related files I could find in the Application Support>u-he folder. I even removed the contents of my AudioUnitCache folder in Library>Caches and restarted my Mac.

Despite all of this, it still shows up in Garageband. So clearly, there's some files hiding somewhere in my Library that I've missed, but for the life of me I can't figure out where they would be. I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance.

(Oh, and just as a note, I made sure hidden files were viewable in Finder while I trying to solve this, so that's not an issue.)

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 2:51 PM

Hello, lav3nder.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read, is that you're unable to remove the plug-ins for Zebra 2. I got you covered and I got this information directly from the link you posted, check it out:

"There are no uninstallers for our plug-ins, though it is on our project list.

For now, you will have to remove our plug-ins manually by deleting a number of files and folders in several locations. The following example uses Diva, but it will work for any other u-he plug-in if you substitute “Diva” with the corresponding plug-in name".

FAQ Everyone has questions. Just go to the Mac section on the steps to remove the plug-in.

I would also make sure to have a current backup before doing any steps: Back up your Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2019 2:51 PM in response to lav3nder

Hello, lav3nder.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read, is that you're unable to remove the plug-ins for Zebra 2. I got you covered and I got this information directly from the link you posted, check it out:

"There are no uninstallers for our plug-ins, though it is on our project list.

For now, you will have to remove our plug-ins manually by deleting a number of files and folders in several locations. The following example uses Diva, but it will work for any other u-he plug-in if you substitute “Diva” with the corresponding plug-in name".

FAQ Everyone has questions. Just go to the Mac section on the steps to remove the plug-in.

I would also make sure to have a current backup before doing any steps: Back up your Mac

Cheers!

Jul 13, 2019 11:00 PM in response to lav3nder

I've seemingly deleted all related files marked Zebra2 in my Library>Audio folder. I've also apparently deleted all the related files I could find in the Application Support>u-he folder. I even removed the contents of my AudioUnitCache folder in Library>Caches and restarted my Mac.

I am not sure in which Library folder you looked? Did you check both Library folders - the system wide Library at the top level of your startup volume and the hidden Library in your user Home folder?

When I look at my installation of zebra it is installed in the Library folder in my user Home folder.

How do I remove a third-party Garageband plug-in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.