Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband for Mac Sound Packs are Broken

I just recently got a macbook air for music production through garageband. After playing around with it and getting used to the interface, I couldn't help but notice that all of my sound packs in the apple loops tab are incomplete. Chromium Fray specifically only lists 116 loops when opened, but it is supposed to have over 300. I decided to dig deeper and look into the files through finder. When I opened Garageband/contents/resources/appleloopsindex, I discovered all of the sound packs' folders that indeed had the right amount of items within them. All of the loops that are listed also seem to be loosely related to percussion.

Why does my macbook have all of the apple loops installed and isnt listing them in garageband?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 3:06 AM

You may have set a filter on the loops. Check your GarageBand > Preferences > Loops.

If the options "Keyword Browsing > Filter for more relevant Results" is enabled, remove the checkmark. With this option enabled, you will only see loops that are close to the project key.

There may be additional filters set in the Loop Browser. Set the "Loops Packs" to "All", and the scale to "Any".

At the bottom of the "Loop Packs" pop-up menu is an item "Reindex all Loops". Try this, if still loops are missing, after you cleared all filters.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 3:06 AM in response to ThatBeckfast

You may have set a filter on the loops. Check your GarageBand > Preferences > Loops.

If the options "Keyword Browsing > Filter for more relevant Results" is enabled, remove the checkmark. With this option enabled, you will only see loops that are close to the project key.

There may be additional filters set in the Loop Browser. Set the "Loops Packs" to "All", and the scale to "Any".

At the bottom of the "Loop Packs" pop-up menu is an item "Reindex all Loops". Try this, if still loops are missing, after you cleared all filters.

Garageband for Mac Sound Packs are Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.