Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import Apple Loops into GarageBand

I am running GarageBand 10.4.6 on my MacBook Pro (running OS 12.6). I tried to move my Apple Loops library to an external HD to save disk space and followed these instructions (https://producersociety.com/garageband-ssd-hdd-setup-tutorial/), but somehow it didn't work for me. So I dragged all the folders back to where they used to be (HD/Library/Audio?Apple Loops/Apple) and reinstalled the Sound Library. However, now some loops are greyed out and I can't use them. I have tried to find them on my computer, but to no avail. For example, 44th Street jingle (from iLife) is greyed out and nowhere to be found on my computer. I have all the missing files on an external HD, but I don't know how to import them back into GarageBand.

I wonder if someone could offer some guidance as to how to import all the missing files back into GarageBand since I do not see an import option in GarageBand.

TIA

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Hey danmartinnt,

Did you drag the Apple Loops from Finder into the Loop Browser? If not, do this as it should cause GarageBand to reindex the Apple Loops.

If that doesn’t work, reach out to Apple Support at the following link so they can look further into this with you:

Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 3, 2022 8:41 AM in response to danmartinnt

Hello danmartinnt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help you add Apple Loops into the project you're working on.

Try these steps to add Apple Loops to your project in GarageBand:

"In GarageBand on Mac, do one of the following:

• Drag a loop to an empty area of the Tracks area, below the existing tracks.
  • A new track of the appropriate type (audio, software instrument, or Drummer) is created, and the loop is added to the new track.
  • Drag an audio loop (blue) to an audio track.
  • Drag a software instrument loop (green) to a software instrument track.
  • Drag a software instrument loop (green) to an audio track to convert it to an audio loop.
  • Drag a drummer loop (yellow) to a Drummer track.
  • Drag a drummer loop (yellow) to a software instrument track to convert it to a software instrument loop.
  • Drag a drummer loop (yellow) to an audio track to convert it to an audio loop.

The added Apple Loop always matches the project tempo."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Add Apple Loops to a project in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

This link can help explain to Import audio and MIDI files in GarageBand on Mac: Import audio and MIDI files in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

If the issue continues, please reach out to an Apple Support Advisor for further assistance: Get Support

We hope this helps add the Apple Loops so you can fully customize your GarageBand project.

Cheers!

How to import Apple Loops into GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.