Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water resistant xs max

If the xs max is supposedly water resistant and it drops into water for 3 seconds and the device goes into immediate disrepair that’s not water resistant .. and then how could it not be covered it seems to me it’s more a mechanism failure. Also does water affect the device quicker after you have had a screen replacement ?

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 9:25 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

4 replies

Jul 13, 2019 4:12 AM in response to gerryfromhighlands

iPhone Xs is NOT water resistant!!! Management at Barton Creek Store in Austin, TX, stated that whatever resistance the phone has at the time of purchase, the seals break down over time and that if water penetrates into the phone, it is NOT covered under warranty. My phone was less than a year old and had never been in the water. It got wet on one occasion and was never submerged. When told that they would make an exception for someone who purchased their phone only days ago, I asked if I purchased a new phone and put it under water that day if it would be covered, and the reply was NO. That if I did that, I would be purposely attempting to ruin the phone and therefore, it would not be covered. Terrible experience - terrible customer service.

Water resistant xs max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.