Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

switch from one apple ID to another

My daughter setup my Macbook Pro using her apple ID because I didn't have one at the time. I have since gotten an iPhone and had to create my own Apple ID. How can I switch the Apple ID on my Macbook without loosing any data? Will I need to do a full backup or is there a simpler way?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 9:36 AM

Since the computer was set up with a different ID, I suggest you have your daughter do the steps in the article below to make it 'your' computer. Doing that will help eliminate potential problems in the future. Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. 

Selling old Mac (4)      

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2019 9:36 AM in response to jocelyne112

Since the computer was set up with a different ID, I suggest you have your daughter do the steps in the article below to make it 'your' computer. Doing that will help eliminate potential problems in the future. Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. 

Selling old Mac (4)      

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

switch from one apple ID to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.