Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to switch apple id but keep all data

Hi,

As we bought the computer my husband signed in with his apple id and i have been using the computer with his id. I would like to switch the apple id on the computer from my husbands to mine to get better use of the device but i do not want to loose any data. (No purchased apps but i have a lot of files).

Can i switch the apple-id and is there something i should do before?

Thank you in advance,

Eve

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 4:57 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Eveok

Create a new user account and sign into that. That will save all data in the existing user account. and keep your data separate from your husbands. In your husband's account, go to System Preferences/Sharing and set up file sharing so you can transfer your data to your new account.

User Account – Add New Admin.    -

User Account – Add New Admin In Single User Mode.  -

User account add  -

User account add (2). -

Jun 1, 2022 5:04 AM in response to Eveok

This is so simple go to profile and sign out your husband apple id. from your computer, the screen will pop up a window for keeping data in the computer or remove you just need to choose keep data in this computer. in case of loosing your data open the husbands iCloud in safari. and download the data again. "better backup your data" if you are not familiar with it.

how to switch apple id but keep all data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.