Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch question about cellular data

I have an Apple Watch 4 but what's puzzling and irritating for me is it will make calls on wifi but in the control centre it says I have no data plan. yet according to Vodafone I have I've tried reaping both but too avail, does anyone know why this has happened

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 12:05 PM

There are two stages to setting up cellular data on the LTE version of Apple Watch. First have your network setup the watch as a second device on your iPhone’s line. Second, tell the watch about it and enable the cellular (mobile) data function. Check the steps for the second part in Set up cellular on your Apple Watch - Apple Support and make sure the cellular button in Control Center is active when you have finished (it seems to default to Off after initial setup).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2019 12:05 PM in response to paulfrombarry

There are two stages to setting up cellular data on the LTE version of Apple Watch. First have your network setup the watch as a second device on your iPhone’s line. Second, tell the watch about it and enable the cellular (mobile) data function. Check the steps for the second part in Set up cellular on your Apple Watch - Apple Support and make sure the cellular button in Control Center is active when you have finished (it seems to default to Off after initial setup).

Apple Watch question about cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.