Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AVDEFS in my user group on my Imac

My Mac has been acting strange lately. I did a little research (without knowledge of solving software/hardware issues) through my system, I saw a user group AVDEFS, but I'm the only user of my Mac. I removing the group several times, but it comes back, even after changing my passwords, WIFI etc.

I've already spoken with Apple support, but they could'nt find anything, so I asked Norton Support to solve this problem for me, but while they where helping me during a remote session they lost connection , up to 4 times.

Who can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks!!

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 4:49 AM

That is what Norton support advised me too, so I erased my hard drive a couple of days ago. But I still have problems with my Mac.

Yes, "someone" has access to your Mac. Their name is Symantec and they have caused incalculable loss in time and productivity to many Mac users. Uninstall Norton and your problems will go away.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2019 4:49 AM in response to rashidfromrotterdam

That is what Norton support advised me too, so I erased my hard drive a couple of days ago. But I still have problems with my Mac.

Yes, "someone" has access to your Mac. Their name is Symantec and they have caused incalculable loss in time and productivity to many Mac users. Uninstall Norton and your problems will go away.

AVDEFS in my user group on my Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.