Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of iPad Songs

I recently upgraded to a new iPad but all of my songs did not transfer over why is that? Seems that all of my iTunes purchased songs transferred but none of the other files that I’ve had for years successfully removed from the old device to the new.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 8:25 AM

If you had synced music, such as CD's from iTunes to your previous device, they would not be contained in your backup you restored from and they would need to be synced again using iTunes Sync from your computer to your new iPad.

This link will help you: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2019 8:25 AM in response to Garrison1959

If you had synced music, such as CD's from iTunes to your previous device, they would not be contained in your backup you restored from and they would need to be synced again using iTunes Sync from your computer to your new iPad.

This link will help you: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

Jul 14, 2019 8:22 AM in response to Garrison1959

Hello,

Lets see if we can figure this out. Just so I am on the same page, you recently purchased a new iPad and all of your iTunes Store purchased music transferred over successfully to the new iPad but all of your music that was imported from other sources did not transfer over? Are you subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match? If not then verify that you have enough storage on your iPad by going to Settings -> General -> iPad Storage.

If you are subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match then go into Settings -> Music. In here you should either see options for “Show Apple Music” or “Show iCloud Music Library”.

Jul 14, 2019 9:50 AM in response to Garrison1959

Where did the music come from?

If all the music was purchased on the old iPad from the iTunes Store, go to the Music App on your iPad.

Tap Library

Tap Songs or Albums or Artists

Anything with a Cloud and downward arrow are still in your Library, but are in the cloud. You can tap the Cloud icon with the downward arrow and the song or album will download to your iPad.

Transfer of iPad Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.