Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I recently bought a iPhone 5s that is locked . I found it for a good price so I bought it so I could see if I or apple could unlock it . If I prove to apple that it is not a stolen phone and details about the purchase, will they be able to remove the iCloud account?

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 6:25 AM

Only if you supply them with its original purchase receipt; otherwise, you'd also need to prove that the person you got it from didn't steal it, or it's a case where that doesn't matter(such as having gotten it from a police auction).

QucikTimeKirk: Apple can remove the lock but sets conditions as to when they will.

(172962)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2019 6:25 AM in response to George_111

Only if you supply them with its original purchase receipt; otherwise, you'd also need to prove that the person you got it from didn't steal it, or it's a case where that doesn't matter(such as having gotten it from a police auction).

QucikTimeKirk: Apple can remove the lock but sets conditions as to when they will.

(172962)

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.