Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Alert in Calendars

How do you setup the second alert in Calendars?

Answer: Go to Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar; ensure that you select an ‘On My Phone’ Calendar as default your calendar. This is because the second alert option is an iCalendar option.

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 1:41 PM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2019 1:58 PM in response to drumkick007

This is not true. You can have second alerts for calendar events from multiple different calendars (as long as they support multiple alerts), not just "On My iPhone" calendar. I do this all the time, but you cannot do it as a default, they have to be set manually each time when creating the event. After you set the first alert time (e.g. 15 minutes before), then you can create a second alert time (e.g. 30 minutes before).

As a note, if you create the first alert for 30 minutes before, then the second alert for 15 minutes before, it switches them in order of the time of the alert. In this case, the 15 minute alert would become the first alert. It doesn't really matter, but it is nice that it keeps them in chronological order

Edit: corrected statement about "any" calendar in the beginning of the post

Second Alert in Calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.