Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail hangs trying to add new mail account

I am attempting to add a new Mail account, and after filling out the email address, password and IMAP incoming and outgoing mail server, I got a spinning wheel forever. I tried the same thing on my wife's Macbook and it worked. What is happening? The Mail Connection Doctor shows nothing, and I already searched my Keychain Access for passwords/other things to clean out to no avail.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 5:02 PM

Password issues don’t usually show as hangs.

Reboot into Safe Mode, and try again?

Any add-on anti-virus or anti-malware apps, any add-on cleaners or optimizers, any add-on network firewall apps, or similar apps installed here? If so, then consider removing the add-ons as a test using the vendors’ instructions, reboot, and try again.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2019 5:02 PM in response to Buffcode18

Password issues don’t usually show as hangs.

Reboot into Safe Mode, and try again?

Any add-on anti-virus or anti-malware apps, any add-on cleaners or optimizers, any add-on network firewall apps, or similar apps installed here? If so, then consider removing the add-ons as a test using the vendors’ instructions, reboot, and try again.

Mac Mail hangs trying to add new mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.