Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail

My main email address has. disappeared from Mac Mail. Also, when I click the Mail icon, no mail is loaded even though the icon says that I have 21 emails. When I tried to add the address, I am receiving the "unable to verify" error message! I don't understand why I would get that error message when I'm trying to ADD an address. I also need to know what I can do to get my mail to load. I am using Big Sur 11.6 on a MacBook Pro and with a Comcast email address. PLEASE HELP!

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 9:04 PM

Pattiedawn Said:

"Mac Mail: Thanks. I’m not sure whether I did what you suggested, but I created an App Specific Password for Mail. I am now able to see an email screen when I click on the mail link. However, I am still not getting any emails from my primary email address.[...] as I said in my earlier post, I cannot add it back because I get the error message. I REALLY don’t understand why the computer is trying to ‘verify’ an account that I’m trying to create. "

-------

Viewing Mail Help:

"Verify":

By the word Verify, it is trying make sure that the Mail server exists. By your report, it just cannot verify it. So, contact the domain.

Mail "Help" Menu:

Open Mail, and type verify into the search bar. Open and over view the results:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 9:04 PM in response to Pattiedawn

Pattiedawn Said:

"Mac Mail: Thanks. I’m not sure whether I did what you suggested, but I created an App Specific Password for Mail. I am now able to see an email screen when I click on the mail link. However, I am still not getting any emails from my primary email address.[...] as I said in my earlier post, I cannot add it back because I get the error message. I REALLY don’t understand why the computer is trying to ‘verify’ an account that I’m trying to create. "

-------

Viewing Mail Help:

"Verify":

By the word Verify, it is trying make sure that the Mail server exists. By your report, it just cannot verify it. So, contact the domain.

Mail "Help" Menu:

Open Mail, and type verify into the search bar. Open and over view the results:

Oct 20, 2021 4:24 PM in response to Pattiedawn

Pattiedawn Said:

"Mac Mail: My main email address has. disappeared from Mac Mail. Also, when I click the Mail icon, no mail is loaded even though the icon says that I have 21 emails.[...]"

-------

Try a New Mail App?:

Have you made any major changes to your Mac (i.e. update installations)? If so, you may need a new App Password - something typical after update installations. You would use that as the password, rather than your email password. For Instance, here Is the site for gmailSign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

Oct 20, 2021 8:03 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks. I’m not sure whether I did what you suggested, but I created an App Specific Password for Mail. I am now able to see an email screen when I click on the mail link. However, I am still not getting any emails from my primary email address. It has completely disappeared when I go into system preferences and accounts, but when I log into “appleid.apple.com,” I still see the email account?!? And … as I said in my earlier post, I cannot add it back because I get the error message. I REALLY don’t understand why the computer is trying to ‘verify’ an account that I’m trying to create.

Oct 20, 2021 9:43 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks again. When I went into Mail and typed "verify" into the search bar, I did not get the screen that was on your reply - I just got a few emails that I suppose had the word "verify" in them. I also tried clicking on "Help" in Mail and typing the word 'verify' in the search bar ... no luck.

The good news, however, is that I was able to add the email address back into my mail account, but it was painful! I went into keychain and found four different passwords for the account - one for "idm.xfinity.com," one for "com.apple.account.IMAP.password.png," one for "imap.comcast.net" and one for "mail.comcast.net." Then I tried to add the account again and tried each of one of those passwords until one of them worked and the account was verified. I have absolutely no idea why there are different passwords, what they are used for, or which one was the right one but, fortunately, the trial and error method worked!

Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.