Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps not sharing even though they say family sharing

I have family sharing set up. I am a family organizer. I have set the restrictions on my sons iPad. He has been able to play apps that are age-appropriate for him based on the settings and family sharing. I purchased an app two days ago that is allowed under the current restrictions and yet he cannot see it when he goes to the App Store (Altos Odyssey). As a matter of fact there are two that he should be able to see and cannot. Any help?

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 6:39 AM

He is going to the Purchased section in the App Store app and selecting your id : Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support ?

4 replies

Jul 16, 2019 9:29 AM in response to King_Penguin

Yes. He clicks on his picture, taps Purchased, which then shows his name, my name, Dads name and siblings name. He taps on my ID and he can see all apps I have previously purchased including apps he has previously downloaded from me. With the exception of the two from two days ago which initiated this post.

Also of note,

1. my daughter used the same process and has the app on her iPad.
  2. I just went to the App Store on my phone. I can see her app purchases from the last week.

So family sharing as a whole seems to be working. I don’t know what is wrong here.

Some apps not sharing even though they say family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.