Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts vanished

Hello, I have recently lost half of the contacts from my iphone. I have tried all the suggested option I found online trying to recover them. There was no back up. I have connected to my iCloud and the contacts are the same as on my phone. Any advices how to recover the losts ones?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 5:37 AM

15 replies

Jul 16, 2019 8:22 AM in response to Zitele

That is just the first step in the battle. What you need to do now is go to this link - Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support

Essentially you need to go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>iCloud>contacts - turn this off and it will ask about keeping the contacts on your device. Keep them. Now perform a regular restart on the phone and then go back to to settings>Apple ID>iCloud>contacts - turn this on and merge the contacts. Now go to settings>contacts>default account and set this to iCloud.

Jul 16, 2019 6:37 AM in response to askbarnabas

I think something is wrong or something. I’ve been ready on here and online people stating things missing, disappeared, vanished. My notes in notepad vanish poof gone! I looked on my Mac not there either and in finder some my files I put in sidebar menu vanished too? Yes, called Apple support, they can’t figure it out. Very important information in those notes. I need those notes back please and thank you

My contacts vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.