Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro. My iPad will not stay on unless it is plugged in

Here it is 2019 and I am having the same problem with my iPad, as people in 2017. When I unplug my charger, my iPad goes off and the empty battery comes up. . When I plug it in, it shows that it is 100% charged. I have to keep it plugged in or it will go off. What do I do to fix this?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 6:31 AM

Try a reboot and if that doesn't help, schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and show it to Apple.

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2019 6:31 AM in response to glenna115

Try a reboot and if that doesn't help, schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and show it to Apple.

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

iPad Pro. My iPad will not stay on unless it is plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.