Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring data to iPhone

Im locked out of my iPhone due to wrong passcode. I’m backed up to iCloud but not to I tunes. Can Irestore my data using iCloud not iTunes. If so how?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 9:24 AM

You have to erase the device using iTunes first in order to unlock it. After you do that, you can restore the iCloud backup.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

This explains how to restore the iCloud backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2019 9:24 AM in response to WLTP

You have to erase the device using iTunes first in order to unlock it. After you do that, you can restore the iCloud backup.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

This explains how to restore the iCloud backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Restoring data to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.