Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac email

It seems like whenever I receive an email the sender's address gets added to my Mac mail contact list. How do I delete email addresses from my Mac mail? I can't seem to find an address book.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 1:11 PM

Previous senders can be removed by going to Mail>Window>Previous Recipients. You can select the unwanted recipients, and use the "Remove From List" option. Welcome to Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The "Contacts" application is the address book for macOS. It is located in your Applications Folder. It has nothing to do with storing previous recipients. Welcome to Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2019 1:11 PM in response to BluewaterMac

Previous senders can be removed by going to Mail>Window>Previous Recipients. You can select the unwanted recipients, and use the "Remove From List" option. Welcome to Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The "Contacts" application is the address book for macOS. It is located in your Applications Folder. It has nothing to do with storing previous recipients. Welcome to Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Mac email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.