Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail stacking contacts

Is there any way to stop Mail from stacking emails together from people with the same first name. See example below. Those are all in the same email chain when I open one, they're all there. I interact with a lot of different potential clients everyday and it's super confusing when all of the Mark's appear as one email. I see it's called the "Found in..." function. IS there a way to disable that?

See example below. Those are all in the same email chain. When I open one, they're all there just because they all share a first name. Please help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 9:10 AM

The problem is not that they have the same first name. Note the messages' subject: they're the same, so they are all part of the same "conversation".

If you had different subjects, say "appointment for Diana V", "appointment for Diana G", etc. they would not be lumped together.

As it is, you may disable "group by conversation".

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2020 9:10 AM in response to ErnaSheree

The problem is not that they have the same first name. Note the messages' subject: they're the same, so they are all part of the same "conversation".

If you had different subjects, say "appointment for Diana V", "appointment for Diana G", etc. they would not be lumped together.

As it is, you may disable "group by conversation".

Mac Mail stacking contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.