Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Update Failed

I just setup a new MacBook Air. 5 Apps will not update after I’ve accepted them. I have restarted, reset all warnings, and restarted again. None of that has helped. Pages, Keynote, GarageBand, Numbers, and iMovie will not update. I’d appreciate anyone who has had this issue and solved it to share.

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 5:30 AM

Are you trying to update them all at once? Have you tried to update them one at a time?

1. Try dragging one of the apps from the Apps folder to the Trash.
  2. Find the app's page in the Mac App Store and download it new.

You should get the update version. If this is successful, do it with each app. Then empty the Trash.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 5:30 AM in response to LCaisse

Are you trying to update them all at once? Have you tried to update them one at a time?

1. Try dragging one of the apps from the Apps folder to the Trash.
  2. Find the app's page in the Mac App Store and download it new.

You should get the update version. If this is successful, do it with each app. Then empty the Trash.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

App Update Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.