Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten passcode for family sharing

I have forgotten my passcode for family sharing so I can’t adjust my child’s screen time or any permissions. I am now on failed attempt 8 to remember it. Is there a way to reset it?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 6:37 AM

From the article below.

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

Parental controls

If that won't work, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 6:37 AM in response to Kylie_Minogue

From the article below.

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

Parental controls

If that won't work, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

Forgotten passcode for family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.