Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just learned i can no longer use Puffin to play Farmville 1 on my Ipad. I’m just heartbroken,what to do now? I cant be on my desktop all hours.

I am so heartbroken that I can no longer play FarmVille 1 on my Ipad

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 8:49 AM

Why can’t you use it any longer? The Puffin, Puffin Pro and Puffin Lite web browsers all work in any iOS from 8 to the latest iOS 12. If Puffin has dropped support for something in their web browser, that is an issue you would have to take up with the Puffin developers. Puffin is not an Apple product.

Similarly If FarmVille has dropped their version 1 program, that would be something to ask the developers of FarmVille about as again, that is not an Apple product.

Basically, incompatibility between a third party web browser to play a third party web game has nothing to do with Apple, the iPad nor iOS. It simply has to do with whatever features and services those third party developers choose to support on whatever platform(s) they decide to develop for.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 8:49 AM in response to Handysandy

Why can’t you use it any longer? The Puffin, Puffin Pro and Puffin Lite web browsers all work in any iOS from 8 to the latest iOS 12. If Puffin has dropped support for something in their web browser, that is an issue you would have to take up with the Puffin developers. Puffin is not an Apple product.

Similarly If FarmVille has dropped their version 1 program, that would be something to ask the developers of FarmVille about as again, that is not an Apple product.

Basically, incompatibility between a third party web browser to play a third party web game has nothing to do with Apple, the iPad nor iOS. It simply has to do with whatever features and services those third party developers choose to support on whatever platform(s) they decide to develop for.

Aug 22, 2019 7:41 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Not anymore.

"On May 4, we announced that Puffin Web Browser and Puffin Academy on iOS will be discontinued. The reason is very simple. Development has long ceased since Apple saw Puffin as a rival and unfairly stopped us from releasing updates through App Store policies. It has become increasingly difficult to keep up with new Web technologies without being able to update the iOS apps. We recognized that the time has come to turn off the service.

For free Puffin Web Browser users, the service will shut down on October 1, 2019. "

Aug 23, 2019 2:51 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Yup,

Puffin is shutting down.

They made an announcement some months, ago.

I knew about this at that time.

So, basically after Oct 1, 2019, no more Adobe Flash Player content be able to be accessed on any iDevice.

Puffin was the last browser on iOS to supoort this, but the Puffin Web services were really unknown and and their online security was really unknown/uncertain, at best, and you never knew where the Adobe Flash content was being stream from and no way to really know how secure Puffin’s servers realy were, or not, in streaming this content.

The writing on the wall for Puffin Web browser to die has been there for quite some time.

Puffin Web browser always seem to me to skirt Apple’s App Store guidelines and with Apple focused on privacy and security on their devices and iOS, this year, Puffin Web browser is finally forced by Apple to remove itself and its services.

I do not think I ever trusted the security of the Puffin Web browser and had stopped using it years, ago, because of that questionable trust and security.

just learned i can no longer use Puffin to play Farmville 1 on my Ipad. I’m just heartbroken,what to do now? I cant be on my desktop all hours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.