Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook doesn't see / recognize my DSLR Nikon D7100

If this was a windows computer I would know what to do, but in MAC I am kind of lost.

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 9:05 AM

one update

Image Capture does see the camera and images in it and I can import them into the laptop this way.

The question now is, why the rest of the apps like Lightroom or Nikon's ViewNX-i, Nikon Transfer 2 etc. do not see those pictures?

10 replies

Jul 17, 2019 8:54 AM in response to DPJ

Did all the standard things.

• Reboot
  • Tried few apps including Image Capture and they don't see the device
  • It always worked, not sure what has changed lately, but the macbook doesn't seem to be able to see the DSLR
  • It's plugged in through the original USB cable provided with the camera
  • Connection between the camera and my Windows desktop works, so should not be a problem in the camera

I am fairly technical, so if there is anything I could try in terminal I am happy to do so.

Jul 17, 2019 8:50 AM in response to vrvrvr

As a workaround, as long as your camera has an SD type card, you can simply insert the card into a USB reader and plug that into your Mac. That is easier than tethering the camera to the Mac. FWIW, check your Finder Preferences to make sure you have it set to show external hard drives, etc. on the desktop.

Macbook doesn't see / recognize my DSLR Nikon D7100

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.