Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only Android Text Timestamps Are Incorrect in Messages on Mackbook Pro

iPhone text message timestamps are correct on my MacBook Pro and on my iPhone.

Android text message timestamps are incorrect on my MacBook Pro, but they are correct on my iPhone.

I have check the date and time preferences on my computer and everything seems to be right.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Hello,

Lets try signing out of Messages on your MacBook Pro by going to the Messages menu -> Preferences -> Sign Out.

On your iPhone go into Settings -> Messages -> Text Message Forwarding and toggle your MacBook Pro to off.

Restart your Mac by going to the Apple Menu -> Restart

Restart your iPhone by holding down the Sleep/Wake button until you see “Slide to power off...” Once your iPhone turns off press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Once your MacBook Pro is turned back on log back into Messages.

Once your iPhone is back on, go back into Settings -> Messages -> Text Message Forwarding and toggle your MacBook Pro back on.

You may also try turning Messages in iCloud off and on again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 1:37 PM in response to JawkneeD

Hello,

Lets try signing out of Messages on your MacBook Pro by going to the Messages menu -> Preferences -> Sign Out.

On your iPhone go into Settings -> Messages -> Text Message Forwarding and toggle your MacBook Pro to off.

Restart your Mac by going to the Apple Menu -> Restart

Restart your iPhone by holding down the Sleep/Wake button until you see “Slide to power off...” Once your iPhone turns off press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Once your MacBook Pro is turned back on log back into Messages.

Once your iPhone is back on, go back into Settings -> Messages -> Text Message Forwarding and toggle your MacBook Pro back on.

You may also try turning Messages in iCloud off and on again.

Only Android Text Timestamps Are Incorrect in Messages on Mackbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.