Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hot iPhone XR during charge and use

hi

in december i got a iPhone XR, and now it is heating up while charging and when i use it, the charger gets hot to.

what could it be??

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 10:53 AM

The charger will naturally get at least some temperature rise during charging. How much depends on how much power the phone is taking, and ambient temperature for cooling the charger. I would expect your iPhone to become warm during charging, but not hot as in uncomfortable to handle. Temperature rise can also be increased if you have a case on the phone because it restricts heat dissipation.

If you are concerned that your phone is getting too hot, an XR will still be in warranty so Contact Apple Support and get it checked by Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 10:53 AM in response to tkjeldsen_dk

The charger will naturally get at least some temperature rise during charging. How much depends on how much power the phone is taking, and ambient temperature for cooling the charger. I would expect your iPhone to become warm during charging, but not hot as in uncomfortable to handle. Temperature rise can also be increased if you have a case on the phone because it restricts heat dissipation.

If you are concerned that your phone is getting too hot, an XR will still be in warranty so Contact Apple Support and get it checked by Apple.

hot iPhone XR during charge and use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.