Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay Issues on Acura RDX 2019 - Infotainment System

Ok so I just bought a brand new Acura RDX 2019, not even a month ago, but I've been having a lot of problems with Apple CarPlay when I connect my phone (iPhone XR latest iOS) or my wife's phone (iPhone 8+ latest iOS).

The whole sound system stop working when I was using Apple CarPlay with Maps and regular music coming from my phone.

So I went to the Acura Dealer, because nothing was working with the sound system and also the Screen of the Car never turns off anymore, even when you turn off the car. They said that it was a problem with the "Infotainment System" that they had to replace the whole system. BIG PROBLEM #1

So they gave me a loaner car, another RDX 2019 Grey... Next day with that car.... SAME PROBLEM HAPPENED!!! They gave me another RDX 2019 Blue, for a few hours because my car was almost done with the new system replacement.

They called me later that day and I picked up my car... after 2 days when I was enjoying my brand new car... AGAIN SAME PROBLEM HAPPENED... no sound at all in my car, the system never accepted any more phones and the screen never turns off again, even when you turn off the car.

So now, they are saying that the problem it's being reviewed by Apple and it's going to be fixed in the next Software Update.

I really need a HELP from Apple of someone with more information about this to know if this problem it's going to be solved any time soon because I'm about to take legal actions against Acura because they're saying that it's not their problem but Apple's Fault and that I have to wait for a solution from you guys in Apple.

I would really appreciate your help with any information you may have.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 4:31 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple CarPlay Issues on Acura RDX 2019 - Infotainment System

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.