Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro keyboard not working

I have an Ipad Pro and they keyboard has stopped working intermittently but regularly. It’s a genuine Apple keyboard and has worked fine until now. Any ideas?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 6:18 AM

8 replies

Jul 18, 2019 7:30 AM in response to John_step

Hello,

I often get flack for this but Apple’s Smart Keyboard is my favorite keyboard. I used it everyday for about 3 years and it started showing wear a few months ago. I found that the bar that magnetically adheres to the side of the iPad had become slightly bent which caused the contacts not to touch properly. I unfortunately wasn’t able to take advantage of the replacement program as the serial number had worn off and without a valid serial number they weren’t able to replace it. Slightly bending the bar back into place solved my problem.

Jul 18, 2019 7:37 AM in response to QuickPost

Why would anyone give you flak if the Apple Smart Folio Keyboard is your option of choice? This is why Apple sells them and millions purchase them.

That said, the Folio keyboard is NOT my option of choice. I want a keyboard whose keys aren't covered in fabric. I want one with backlit keys and most importantly, I want one with iOS shortcuts. None of which is Apple's folio keyboard.

The great thing about our world today is we have options. I chose the Brydge keyboard as my option of choice. It does what I need and want a keyboard to do. It's great if the folio keyboard does what you want it to do.

Jul 18, 2019 7:42 AM in response to lobsterghost1

It seems that in my social circle I am the only one that likes the Smart Keyboard. I personally love the tactile feel and the fabric covered keys provide a feel that I really like. It is great that there are almost limitless options of keyboards for iPad! Everyone can use whatever keyboard they prefer. That being said I would love to have a backlit version. The Brydge keyboard is a phenomenal option! I do not have one but a buddy of mine does and it is very nice.

iPad Pro keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.