Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to sync mail on macbook with mail on iphone?

I have noticed a weird quirk and I'm not sure how to fix it. Certain email messages that are in mail on my macbook, don't ever show up on my iphone mail. I can't figure it out. I will go to access an email when I'm away from my computer and it simply isn't on my phone. I search for sender and it just isn't there, not in junk, etc. My phone receives emails regularly so it isn't that it can't get mail, it will just be random mail that I know I have, but cannot access. So strange. Is there a way to sync mail on my phone and mail on my mac? The last article I could find on this was several years old. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 2:12 PM

From the information that you have provided I can see only two possibilities

1. Mail days to Sync / Remove Mail; Settings
  2. Email Rule on your Mac

Mail days to Sync (Watch the GIF); if it is set to One Day then Mail beyond one day is removed from iPhone

Though the GIF demonstrates for iCloud but it is valid for all email accounts

Email Rule

If the Emails are being moved using a rule to the subfolders then you will have to look at all the subfolders

Watch this GIF

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2019 2:12 PM in response to emuggs

From the information that you have provided I can see only two possibilities

1. Mail days to Sync / Remove Mail; Settings
  2. Email Rule on your Mac

Mail days to Sync (Watch the GIF); if it is set to One Day then Mail beyond one day is removed from iPhone

Though the GIF demonstrates for iCloud but it is valid for all email accounts

Email Rule

If the Emails are being moved using a rule to the subfolders then you will have to look at all the subfolders

Watch this GIF

Is there a way to sync mail on macbook with mail on iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.