Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail does not sync properly between iPhone and MacBook

I use the native apple Mail app on both my iPhone and my MacBook Pro. For the last couple weeks I have noticed that my MacBook does not register any email as "read" unless I manually "read" it on my MacBook or "mark all as read" from the MacBook. For example, in the past, if I read an email on my iPhone it would automatically be "read" on my MacBook once it was synced. Now even if I manually "sync" my emails on my MacBook it still thinks all the emails are unread.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 4:58 AM

Actually, the devices don't sync between each other, they both sync to your email server. What you might check is to see if both are set to Check for new messages at the same time intervals. What might be happening for example is that one device might be set to check every 5 minutes, but the other is set for say, an hour. Their updated messages happen when the mail apps check for new messages. This would make it 'appear' that one is not reflecting the other at the same approximate time intervals.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 4:58 AM in response to UltravioletAnt

Actually, the devices don't sync between each other, they both sync to your email server. What you might check is to see if both are set to Check for new messages at the same time intervals. What might be happening for example is that one device might be set to check every 5 minutes, but the other is set for say, an hour. Their updated messages happen when the mail apps check for new messages. This would make it 'appear' that one is not reflecting the other at the same approximate time intervals.

Mail does not sync properly between iPhone and MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.