Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow motion in QuickTime Player (10.5) ?

When playing a movie in the QuickTime Player (not the old v.7, but the new v.10), how can you make the movie play in slow motion ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 7:09 PM

Hi alablo,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to know how to play a movie in slow motion in QuickTime on your Mac. I can see why you'd reach out for this information; I'd like to help. You can use the keyboard shortcuts below for slow motion playback:

• Continuous press K+L for forward slow motion with audio
  • Continuous press K+J for reverse slow motion with audio

For more keyboard shortcuts you can use with QuickTime, check out this resource: Keyboard shortcuts and gestures in QuickTime Player on Mac

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2019 7:09 PM in response to alablo

Hi alablo,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to know how to play a movie in slow motion in QuickTime on your Mac. I can see why you'd reach out for this information; I'd like to help. You can use the keyboard shortcuts below for slow motion playback:

• Continuous press K+L for forward slow motion with audio
  • Continuous press K+J for reverse slow motion with audio

For more keyboard shortcuts you can use with QuickTime, check out this resource: Keyboard shortcuts and gestures in QuickTime Player on Mac

Best Regards.

Slow motion in QuickTime Player (10.5) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.