Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving pictures off desktop

I want to move photographs off my desktop and put them in Photos. They are photos I saved from emails, scans, other places, not from iPhoto. When I open the photo to move it, there is no choice for iPhoto, only documents, and other places I don't want to use. How can I move the photos?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 11:08 AM

All you need to do is drag the image files that are on your Desktop onto the Photos icon in the Dock to import them into your library. Make sure you're running a "managed" library

and confirm that the photos are safely in the library before deleting the image files from the Desktop.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2019 11:08 AM in response to 1947D

All you need to do is drag the image files that are on your Desktop onto the Photos icon in the Dock to import them into your library. Make sure you're running a "managed" library

and confirm that the photos are safely in the library before deleting the image files from the Desktop.

moving pictures off desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.