Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Single Audio track region label listing

In GarageBand I recorded a single audio track. Then edited that track several times creating multiple regions. I labeled each region based on content. Is there a way to export those region labels in order. Each region has it's own metadata, but If I had a list of the regions in order, I could modify the order or reuse on a different track based on subject matter, length, etc. I assume someone who uses this for music would want to do the same thing.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 4:10 PM

Chibexar wrote:

Is there a way to export those region labels in order.

unfortunately, there isn't.

you could use the built-in note pad, and enter the info there.

or manually export each region using the Cycle Region bar, then you'd have the files in Finder which you could show in List mode

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 19, 2019 8:12 AM in response to HangTime

Thanks @HangTime, I'm new to GarageBand and didn't even notice note pad over there on the right. I can live with that. Cycle Region bar may be an option in the future but this was just my demo first time out kind of thing and once I started editing I had to log each piece with a unique title unfortunately I made 125 edits to a 30 min interview. :) Thanks again.

GarageBand Single Audio track region label listing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.