garage band merge of midi tracks

Is it possible to merge two MIDI tracks into a single track, with the resulting track keeping all the notes from both tracks? I want a "merge" in the true sense of the word - a product that contains the contents of both tracks layered one upon the other.

To be clear, I am not asking how to merge or Join regions within a single track; I am not asking how to overwrite one to the other, which thereby eliminates the notes of one in the process.

My goal is to ultimately use the Score button to generate the musical notation for export that is the composite of the two MIDI tracks' notes in one piece of music.

Using GB 10.4.8.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 2:37 PM

Hello Al_Chance,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. There's an option to overdub a a recording and merge them into a single region. Here's more information in the GarageBand user guide: Overdub software instrument takes in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

If you need additional assistance, you can contact Apple Support through this link here: Get Support

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 2:37 PM in response to Al_Chance

Hello Al_Chance,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. There's an option to overdub a a recording and merge them into a single region. Here's more information in the GarageBand user guide: Overdub software instrument takes in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

If you need additional assistance, you can contact Apple Support through this link here: Get Support

Best regards.

garage band merge of midi tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.