Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to gain back the audio of a Screen Record?

I screen recorded me on FaceTime with my family but I did not realise the microphone was not on which means there is no audio.

My question is:

Is there a way to gain back the audio?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 2:39 PM

Not after the recording was made. You would have to turn the microphone on when you start making the recording. You can turn it on before you start by hard pressing the screen recording button to activate 3D Touch and you should see the menu choice to turn on the microphone. Then you can tap on the start recording button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 2:39 PM in response to Kiminonawa

Not after the recording was made. You would have to turn the microphone on when you start making the recording. You can turn it on before you start by hard pressing the screen recording button to activate 3D Touch and you should see the menu choice to turn on the microphone. Then you can tap on the start recording button.

Is there a way to gain back the audio of a Screen Record?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.