Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad not going to sleep when Kindle app is running

Recently I noticed my ipad will not go to sleep if I am reading on the Kindle app or leave the app open and walk away. I can't pinpoint which ios or kindle app release this started happening. Anyone else notice this? I have the latest version of both apps running.

Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 10:37 AM

I think I figured it out. I undid the rotation lock and it went to sleep with Kindle app on. I toggled it back to "lock" and it is sleeping. So it may have something to do with rotation lock.

I did contact Amazon Kindle support and they said they didn't feel it would be an "app" issue and wanted to have a phone session. I will update them as well of this observation.

Thanks!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2019 10:37 AM in response to QuickPost

I think I figured it out. I undid the rotation lock and it went to sleep with Kindle app on. I toggled it back to "lock" and it is sleeping. So it may have something to do with rotation lock.

I did contact Amazon Kindle support and they said they didn't feel it would be an "app" issue and wanted to have a phone session. I will update them as well of this observation.

Thanks!

Aug 4, 2019 10:25 AM in response to Sultry_S3

Just another observation. I placed my Ipad with rotation lock on, and Kindle running, down for on the countertop. About 1 min, I happened to notice the rotation lock icon pop up and it seemed to unlock itself. Weird, as it was laying flat on the countertop and I didn't touch it. So I flipped the rotation lock switch and made sure it stayed locked.

Even if you aren't locking the rotation, try flipping the switch on/off to see if it resolves the issue of iPad not sleeping with Kindle app running in foreground.

ipad not going to sleep when Kindle app is running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.