Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching issues with photos " not ready"--synch then stops

Using mojave...My photos will not synch back onto iPhone-and i get the annoying screen notification "photos not ready-please try later etc"-really stupid since this halts the synch and music remains pending/unsynched too!

I am sure this is just a quick fix.....can I have some options please--would be very grateful

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 8:14 AM

Ok--but I have had a success in the last hour...read on

I tried once more to do a synch and it was successful. Very pleased

If it was anything--it was "changing the permissions " that did it for me....

Please pass that PART of your tip on first if this comes up again on Mojave.....perhaps it was luck--but I don't think so!

Thanks zmclearan--you have been very helpful

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 8:14 AM in response to QuickPost

Ok--but I have had a success in the last hour...read on

I tried once more to do a synch and it was successful. Very pleased

If it was anything--it was "changing the permissions " that did it for me....

Please pass that PART of your tip on first if this comes up again on Mojave.....perhaps it was luck--but I don't think so!

Thanks zmclearan--you have been very helpful

Jul 21, 2019 7:52 AM in response to QuickPost

Yes-I think we are getting there--I have opened the Apple support community post you recommended and have successfully followed the instructions....

However-I now need a little more help in getting the permissions.....

can you elaborate on the following sentence please FROM THAT POST...--it is not quite clear to me...

"""Get Info pane for the library folder. Here we can change the permissions"""".....what does this refer to....HOW DO I PROCEED...

many thanks

Jul 22, 2019 3:17 AM in response to QuickPost

OK-thanks. I have accessed the permissions and allowed myself to READ AND WRITE across all three options.

I then logged off /logged on

I then went back to the instruction to access photos in the applications folder, right clicked onto photos and accessed INFO-and attempted to adjust the 3 options to READ AND WRITE having keyed in my password and the little padlock thus opening.

When TRYING UNSUCCESSFULLY to adjust any of the three options-I got the screenshot-....THE OPERATION CAN'T BE COMPLETED BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE NECESSARY PERMISSIONS.

Please note though from my first sentence-I have/had already changed the permissions following the guidelines in your previous post.

Should i be doing something else else....before attempting another synch?

Synching issues with photos " not ready"--synch then stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.