Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos sync stopped on May 9th

Hello,

The synchronization between my iPhone and Mac Pro stopped on May 9th. Only screen dumps are synced.

How can I reactivate sync again to import the missing photos ?

In Preferences Photostream is still active on iPhone and on Mac Pro.

When I use photo loader to copy photos from iPhone to Photos, I get the photos double on my iPhone.

When I import in Photos from iPhone, I get a HEIC file with less MB's and also is it copy back to my iPhone again (doubled).

Thanks,

Hubert

Posted on May 18, 2022 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 11:28 AM

Start with this of M1 Mac...

Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.

Select a startup disk.

Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac normally, without pressing and holding any keys during startup.

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 11:28 AM in response to HubertA

Start with this of M1 Mac...

Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.

Select a startup disk.

Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac normally, without pressing and holding any keys during startup.

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

May 27, 2022 12:54 AM in response to BDAqua

I did this, waited for a few days if the photos where synced from May, 9th onwards, but nothing happened.

The only way was to stop "My Photostream", connect the USB cable, use PhotoLoader to add the photos to Photos on the Mac, and recheck the "My Photostream" again.

Luckily I checked it with one photo first. If you do not stop My Photostream, you get the photo's double on your iPhone. The iOS, MacOS software is not cleaver enough to detect that photo's are already on your iPhone.

Also the sync of photos of the iPhone of my wife was stopped on May 9th. She discovered it today.

Hubert

photos sync stopped on May 9th

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.