Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gallery- not deletable pictures, import problem

Hey, i wanted to synchronize my pictures with macbook. After that all pictures in my iphone are not editable/ not deletable what i can‘t understand. They are synchronized now in album: from my mac.

but what should i do, when i lost all photos on macbook?! import to macbook does not work because macbook does not show this photos from order: „from my mac” in gallery…!!!

Synchronize with an epmty Photos order delete all photos from my iphone. That are 5k photos on my mobile.

must i with air drop really?!

it is joke from apple or do i something wrong? Thanks…

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 8:21 AM

Unfortunately, what you are seeing is the expected behaviour.

When you sync photos from a computer to an iPhone or iPad, they are synced just for viewing and stored separately from the photos you are saving to photos. These photos are nor really a part of the library, the cannot be deleted or edited. They will be erased, when you sync again with a computer and replaced by new synced photos.

To turn them into regularly stored photos, save them to Photos. Select them in small groups, then click the Share button and copy the photos, to save a copy to Photos. Once the photos have been saved to Photos, you can work with them properly or download them from the iPhone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 8:21 AM in response to patryk172

Unfortunately, what you are seeing is the expected behaviour.

When you sync photos from a computer to an iPhone or iPad, they are synced just for viewing and stored separately from the photos you are saving to photos. These photos are nor really a part of the library, the cannot be deleted or edited. They will be erased, when you sync again with a computer and replaced by new synced photos.

To turn them into regularly stored photos, save them to Photos. Select them in small groups, then click the Share button and copy the photos, to save a copy to Photos. Once the photos have been saved to Photos, you can work with them properly or download them from the iPhone.

Gallery- not deletable pictures, import problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.