Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Shared Albums

Hi!

I’m having some trouble understanding how Shared Albums work? I have three questions:

Let’s say I have an iPhone and an iPad that are both signed in to the same Apple iD/iCloud. If I made a shared album on my iPad, will I also be able to see that album on my iPhone or is it exclusive to my iPad?

Also when swiping to the left and disabling “Shared Albums” under the Photos option in the iOS settings, it says it will “delete all shared photos from your [insert device].” Does this mean that the albums you have made will also be deleted and unsubbed by your subscribers, as well as your own subscriptions to others being deleted?

Lastly, can you see all your shared albums from all the devices you have signed into your Apple iD when logging into iCloud.com?

Thanks for taking the time to read/reply :)

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 5:37 AM

1. When you create a shared album on one device, you can see it on all your devices, where you can run the Photos.app and sign into iCloud with the same iCloud AppleID. You have to enable the Shared albums in the Settings for iCloud Photos on all devices and use the same iCloud AppleID.
  2. When you disable the shared albums in the Settings, the Shared albums will be removed from the device, but remain in iCloud for some time. They will eventually be deleted from iCloud, if you disable the shared albums on all your devices. if you want to delete a shared album from iCloud, you have to have Shared albums enabled. Then you can select a particular album in Photos on one of your devices and delete this album.
  3. No, you cannot see the shared albums in Photos at www.icloud.com, but you can share your shared albums as a public web site. You can send the link to your subscribers. Anybody who receives the link, can see the photos on the web site and download them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2019 5:37 AM in response to EsMuyStupido

1. When you create a shared album on one device, you can see it on all your devices, where you can run the Photos.app and sign into iCloud with the same iCloud AppleID. You have to enable the Shared albums in the Settings for iCloud Photos on all devices and use the same iCloud AppleID.
  2. When you disable the shared albums in the Settings, the Shared albums will be removed from the device, but remain in iCloud for some time. They will eventually be deleted from iCloud, if you disable the shared albums on all your devices. if you want to delete a shared album from iCloud, you have to have Shared albums enabled. Then you can select a particular album in Photos on one of your devices and delete this album.
  3. No, you cannot see the shared albums in Photos at www.icloud.com, but you can share your shared albums as a public web site. You can send the link to your subscribers. Anybody who receives the link, can see the photos on the web site and download them.

Trouble with Shared Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.