Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Albums/iCloud Photo Sharing Confusion

Hi!

I’m having some trouble understanding how Shared Albums work? I have three questions:

Let’s say I have an iPhone and an iPad that are both signed in to the same Apple iD/iCloud. If I made a shared album on my iPad, will I also be able to see that album on my iPhone or is it exclusive to my iPad?

Also when swiping to the left and disabling “Shared Albums” under the Photos option in the iOS settings, it says it will “delete all shared photos from your [insert device].” Does this mean that the albums you have made will also be deleted and unsubbed by your subscribers, as well as your own subscriptions to others being deleted?

Lastly, can you see all your shared albums from all the devices you have signed into your Apple iD when logging into iCloud.com?

Thanks for taking the time to read/reply :)

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 7:14 PM

Let’s say I have an iPhone and an iPad that are both signed in to the same Apple iD/iCloud. If I made a shared album on my iPad, will I also be able to see that album on my iPhone or is it exclusive to my iPad?

They are visible in the Photos app on any iOS/macOS/iCloud for Windows device using the same Apple ID for iCloud.

when swiping to the left and disabling “Shared Albums” under the Photos option in the iOS settings, it says it will “delete all shared photos from your [insert device].” Does this mean that the albums you have made will also be deleted and unsubbed by your subscribers, as well as your own subscriptions to others being deleted?

Yes.

astly, can you see all your shared albums from all the devices you have signed into your Apple iD when logging into iCloud.com?

No.

Shared albums are stored in iCloud, but in space hosted by Apple. Not "your" iCloud storage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2019 7:14 PM in response to EsMuyStupido

They are visible in the Photos app on any iOS/macOS/iCloud for Windows device using the same Apple ID for iCloud.

when swiping to the left and disabling “Shared Albums” under the Photos option in the iOS settings, it says it will “delete all shared photos from your [insert device].” Does this mean that the albums you have made will also be deleted and unsubbed by your subscribers, as well as your own subscriptions to others being deleted?

Yes.

astly, can you see all your shared albums from all the devices you have signed into your Apple iD when logging into iCloud.com?

No.

Shared albums are stored in iCloud, but in space hosted by Apple. Not "your" iCloud storage.

Shared Albums/iCloud Photo Sharing Confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.