Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked SIM card

Every time I turn my phone off or runs out of battery, it comes back on the phone asks to unblock my sim. This has only been happening recently and wondering if there’s something wrong with my phone or the sim.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 7:00 AM

Hi there, Lillyyivyy!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are seeing a message that your SIM is locked when your iPhone battery dies or your device is restarted. That message can occur when there is a SIM PIN on the device, so I would recommend checking out this article to Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad. This article will give you steps you can take to turn off the SIM PIN. It will also give you the next steps to take if you don't know the SIM PIN.

Have a wonderful day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 7:00 AM in response to Lilyyivyy

Hi there, Lillyyivyy!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are seeing a message that your SIM is locked when your iPhone battery dies or your device is restarted. That message can occur when there is a SIM PIN on the device, so I would recommend checking out this article to Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad. This article will give you steps you can take to turn off the SIM PIN. It will also give you the next steps to take if you don't know the SIM PIN.

Have a wonderful day!

Locked SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.